Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Vietnam m1c pickup

Article about: Well long long LONG time since my latest post. Took a little hiatus from collection to deal with school, but the big guy is back. Still waiting for this bad boy in the mail, but late 60's/ea

Default New Vietnam m1c pickup

Well long long LONG time since my latest post. Took a little hiatus from collection to deal with school, but the big guy is back. Still waiting for this bad boy in the mail, but late 60's/early 70's Vietnam M1C with captain helmet cover. This is my 2nd cover with the emblem, this one is rough but I got a deal on it. Missing chinstraps on the lid itself but I've seen this on several M1C's from the time. My other captain lid is mint, but nice to see a combat worn one to have next to it. New Vietnam m1c pickupNew Vietnam m1c pickupNew Vietnam m1c pickupNew Vietnam m1c pickupNew Vietnam m1c pickup

Hello yes very nice M1C airborne type liner and helmet I think you are on on your time frame of it however they were made for many years until replaced by the Kelvar US looking German helmet. Hopefully some of the M-1 Nam era guys can come along shortely with some info on it. I was in US Army in early 70's and this one brings back memories Nice find by me. We also tested a cuped split canvas chin cup type chin strap similar to this one that was of the airborne variety but we were issued a few of them for test trials for infantry use in about 1972 at Ft Polk La. Had to fill out a lot of paper work after wearing them a couple of weeks stating what we thought of them. timothy

Hi Gunny nice cover did you manage to get a date for the liner prior to exchanging cash?..............

Not yet. Guy didn't know a ton about it so I'm guessing he either found it or picked it up at a rummage sale or something. I've seen a few similar dated in the time period I stated so I'm not too worried.

?

Very nice indeed, I really like the rank and wings that's a nice touch. The specific M1c chinstraps are readily available I just got some for mine from Canada for a very reasonable price including shipping.

I look forward to seeing more of your fine examples

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Hi Gunny nice cover did you manage to get a date for the liner prior to exchanging cash?..............
    I could be wrong here but I have a feeling Jake might be about to say what I am thinking that the liner looks to possibly be a post Nam era specialty products liner just like the one I got stung with a while back after being sold it as Nam era. Still though for the right price I would be happy with that lid, Just not sure it is all period original. Cheers, Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    I could be wrong here but I have a feeling Jake might be about to say what I am thinking that the liner looks to possibly be a post Nam era specialty products liner just like the one I got stung with a while back after being sold it as Nam era. Still though for the right price I would be happy with that lid, Just not sure it is all period original. Cheers, Sean.
    Thanks Sean think this type of conversation took place not so long ago didn't it,and the outcome is the same now as it was back then,never like raining on members parade,at least you've nailed it mate.......

?

Yep it did indeed Jake and thanks to yourself! I had no idea that M1C's were manufactured post Nam until I posted that lid here and you told me. Cheers again! and unfortunately that liner looks identical to mine. But as I have said I would still be happy with it for the right price if you contact the guy once you receive it. It's in nice enough condition by the looks of it, As I said on Opex's M1C thread all Nam and post Nam era M1C's are getting hard to find now. Just looks like yours may not be all period correct Gunny. Cheers, Sean.

As stated Sean for the right price there's absolutely nothing wrong with an early 80's type2 m1c Helmet,they are still part of the M1 cycle and cannot be forgotten,just hope young Gunny isn't too disappointed overall.............

Really just got it for the cover, I've only seem three covers with the captain bars, and I did get a deal in fact so overall I'm happy with it. Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast