Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newest Camo Cover - 1953 Blue Anchor and Possible Former USN Shell?

Article about: Hi All, I thought I'd share this lates pickup. Purchased it off of EBay. There were only 4 photos in the auction; three of the camo cover on the helmet and one shot of the liner, which was V

?

Default Newest Camo Cover - 1953 Blue Anchor and Possible Former USN Shell?

Hi All,

I thought I'd share this lates pickup. Purchased it off of EBay. There were only 4 photos in the auction; three of the camo cover on the helmet and one shot of the liner, which was VN era. I could tell it was a Blue Anchor cover because of the stamped EGA. The shell I could tell had sewn khaki straps and was a FB.

I received the helmet today and am very happy with the cover. Has some wear, but that's just fine by me. The liner chinstrap is from another helmet, however Iadded it for the photos, but do plan on picking one up. In addition, I'm going to add a period liner.

?

Default Re: Newest Camo Cover - 1953 Blue Anchor and Possible Former USN Shell?

Jungle Side - I'm going to display it on the beach side since the EGA bled a little bit on this side...

?

The helmet came without the cover on, and upon inspecting I noticed some bluish-grey paint. Looks like this may have been a Navy lid at one point?

In addition, there is the number "154" on the front, as well as inside the shell at the dome. Looks like this may have been painted in red.

?

Lastly, a photo of my son with my camo family!

?

very nice KW era USMC cover love the family shot

with a photo bomb from Elmo

is that the same cover from this post ?

Reproduction USMC cover?

?

Thanks, Nick! Yep, that would be the one. I figured it was a Blue Anchor, which as I understand, are not being reproduced.

That aside, I could see the chain stitching on the beach side seam and the HBT weave was correct, so I knew it was good.

The seller listed it as WW II helmet with camoflouge and liner, so it didn't draw a lot of attention allowing me to get it at a good price.

The fact it may have been a Navy lid at one point is an added bonus.

And yes, Elmo sure did photo bomb the hell out of the photo!

the EGA stamp on this cover has two banners so would this make it a early stamp. nice that you where able to spot this on ebay. i do look but somtime the images they put on i just dont want to risk it. yuengling325 you have got some realy nice sets there.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Lastly, a photo of my son with my camo family!

Elmo on TV ! :-)

?

Thanks, Geelong! Yeah, I've been studying them for a while and only recently became confident enough to pull the trigger. Now to save up for some WWII manufactured versions....

The three covers to the right of the USMC I showed in my other thread. The 4th to the right I acquired directly from a retired Brigadier General. Cover is dated 1974. Below, if interested, is a link with additional photos of the helmet as well as the rest of the grouping:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attic...82/#post370011

Here are additional photos of the WWII setup. The net was added after I posted the helmet on the forum:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...c-liner-29659/

fantastic items yuenglig325. thanks for showing me these older links.