Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Westinghouse Liner, korea/ww2?

Article about: Hows it goin' fellas, I recently bought a liner that I suspect is korean or ww2 era. I have no knowlege about m1 helmets, just a fascination but I'm leaning towards ww2, any opinions would b

?

Default Nice Westinghouse Liner, korea/ww2?

Hows it goin' fellas, I recently bought a liner that I suspect is korean or ww2 era. I have no knowlege about m1 helmets, just a fascination but I'm leaning towards ww2, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

greetings from naval air station patuxent river!

?

Default Re: Nice Westinghouse Liner, korea/ww2?

From my meager knowledge of M1's in pretty sure only ww2 liners had the hole on front. Wait for some more expierenced comments.

All the best,
    Stefan

It is a WWII-era liner. This one belonged to Stanley T Radecki, who enlisted in the army on August 28th, 1941. He was from Detroit, Michigan, and apparently worked in one of Detroit's automobile plants before the war. Here is his complete enlistment record: http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-d...=1&rid=6313029

Mr. Radecki unfortunately passed away in June of 2007.

Here is his obituary:

"Suddenly. Age 88. Loving husband of 63 years to Eugenia. Dearest Dad of Christine (John) Harte. Beloved Dziadzia of Dr. Steven E. Harte. Dear brother of Dolores Evanciuk. Survived by nieces and nephews. Visitation Monday at Jarzembowski Funeral Home, 18957 W. Warren Ave. at Artesian 3-9 p.m. Parish Rosary Monday 6:30 p.m. Interment St. Hedwig. Member of Pvt. John Lyskawa VFW Post #7546. Date of funeral to be determined. For further info call funeral home 313-271-0800."

If you want to try to find out more about his WWII service, you might try to contact VFW Post #7546.

?

Oh my gosh! thank you for unearthing this for me, I had no idea where to even search when it comes to stuff like this. I will contact the VFW post and see where it goes from there! Thanks!

You're welcome!

Whenever you find a piece of U.S. militaria that has a soldier's name or serial number on it, the first place you should go is here: http://aad.archives.gov/aad/

Just type in the name or number, and there is almost always an enlistment record for the soldier in question. Then, I always run a Google search of the name, sometime followed by the words 'obituary' or 'WWII'. More often than not, I can find something. Obituaries are nice, because they bring up the names of surviving relatives. I have never been successful, but in theory you could use their names and Facebook to find a relative and say, 'Look what I found!'