Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.

Article about: Hi, I'm a small time collector of WW2 items. I've ran across a couple American helmets and I would like for you experts to offer your advice on the originality and anything else you can tell

Default Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.

Hi,

I'm a small time collector of WW2 items. I've ran across a couple American helmets and I would like for you experts to offer your advice on the originality and anything else you can tell me on what I have. I have about 8 helmets total but I really need help on these.

Thanks!Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.Noob on this forum with a couple questions on helmets.

Think someone may have painted these up for reinactment purposes,certainly don't look period done.............

?

I agree with Jake about the helmet, it looks recently done. The condition of the paint has been artificially aged with what appears to have been sandpaper. However the paint itself shows almost no sign of age. I also believe the chinstraps may not be original on this helmet.