Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!

Article about: Here we go again,wait for years then like Buses 2 come along in as many days,seller states it came from some locker type clearance,front seamed with D-bales with the weirdest net i've seen,a

Default Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!

Here we go again,wait for years then like Buses 2 come along in as many days,seller states it came from some locker type clearance,front seamed with D-bales with the weirdest net i've seen,any ID please.the capac liner hymm dont think so unless everything which has ever been documented is wrong but I somehow dont think so,again the only ageing is within the NCO stripe and nowhere else,which is a big give away as white paint probably had the same density as olive drab so even where would be expected,anyway up to nearly $600,maybe the same guy again who thinks he's on a roll...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!   Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!  

Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!   Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!  

I don't have a good feeling on it.

First, the net looks post post war.

Second, the shiny black stud of the nape strap.

Need more clear photos.

Regards,
    Taka

Not my area at all, but are CAPAC liners post war from WESTINGHOUSE moulds?? Leon.

No Leon mate they had there own molds on a lend-lease program from the US Government,which is irrelaevant as Capac never recieved any contracts to produce Airborne either during the war or even postwar up to 1961...........sorry Leon your right in that way with regards to KW liners made between 1951-1954, they were issued Westinghouse wartime molds,basically they used whatever they were given.......

?

Junk!

47 bids a couple of clowns on that one.
    Lucky its not a inland stamped liner being sold on its own, as it has been aged very convincingly and may have fooled many more.
    As for the net it resembles the type of net used for certain types of fishing landing nets, knotless so as not damage the fish scales if the fish were to be returned to the water.
    Rod

Bad pics but that is a 1951 Capac/Westinghouse Liner and correct me if I am wrong Jake, but wouldn't that liner have had OD#7 webbing originally? I have been caught like the best of us but that is a marked post-war liner and should not really fool people Cheers

I just checked my Korean M1 and it has a 51 dated Capac/Westinghouse. My pic is not the best but you can plainly see the 5 & 1 on the side of the Capac mark...

at over $1400, I hope I am wrong...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!   Now 82nd D-Bale on ebay!!!!!!  

?

Repro, this was discussed on the US Militaria Forum, they said they believe the art work was done by easy green

Not bad $2000 for a Helmet that probably cost $200,good investment i say!!!!!!!