Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd Chinstrap

Article about: found this lid in the US for sale,it has the T1 configuration bar tacked with the older J hook added,weird why this was done,as the lids have already been upgraded with the newer type system

?

Default Odd Chinstrap

I've had this lid for a while. I noticed the odd chinstrap when I obtained it, then promptly forgot about it! Anyway, any ideas what is going on with this one? It is OD3, the flash messes up the colours.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Chinstrap   Odd Chinstrap  

Odd Chinstrap   Odd Chinstrap  

Odd Chinstrap  
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Odd Chinstrap

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I've had this lid for a while. I noticed the odd chinstrap when I obtained it, then promptly forgot about it! Anyway, any ideas what is going on with this one? It is OD3, the flash messes up the colours.

Best Regards,

Andy
    forget the chinstrap im only looking at that first pattern rayon high pressure liner,thats rare in itself,you old fox,i've seen loads of this chinstrap stuff over the years so dont think there's any thing dodgy to worry about,if you get bored of the liner give me a shout andy,thanks for showing all the best dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    forget the chinstrap im only looking at that first pattern rayon high pressure liner,thats rare in itself,you old fox,i've seen loads of this chinstrap stuff over the years so dont think there's any thing dodgy to worry about,if you get bored of the liner give me a shout andy,thanks for showing all the best dave.
    Thanks, Dave. The thing is, the strap has two different kinds of hook catches. I've never seen that before.

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

isn't it for the T1 chinstrap release? issued from 44

[QUOTE=moaning minnie;606552]forget the chinstrap im only looking at that first pattern rayon high pressure liner,thats rare in itself,you old fox,

Don’t worry Dave I bet he has about twenty of these and I am sure he will leave them to us in his will when he pops it lol.
    I,ve seen this somewhere before Andy on another forum but i cant remember for the life of me what the conclusion was.
    Maybe Nick can remember.
    Regards
    Rod

4md
    ?

never seen that before either, what use would two catches serve?

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    isn't it for the T1 chinstrap release? issued from 44
    It is indeed a T1 "ball and claw."

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Don’t worry Dave I bet he has about twenty of these and I am sure he will leave them to us in his will when he pops it lol.

No need to worry lads, I suspect that when I croak, my kids will sell the whole lot on Fleabay for fifty quid. Keep an eye out for that!

I have told them though, that if they do they will be haunted, big time.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

Nice liner.Thanks for showing.Heres a discussion on the T1 clips: The T-1 Chinstrap in Korea - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

Please dont tell me that this type of liner is rare, i had one exactly the same until i gave it to my nephew who started to collect, it was traced to a soldier who is buried in the American war cemetary in Cambridge , England, killed on Omaha Beach, my illustrious sister decided it was cluttering up her home so she binned it, many yrs ago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast