Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Oddities that occur sometimes.

Article about: Just found this on Ebay in the US,its an un-issued McCord produced around august 1944 and yet it has the early raised Brass Buckle type most commonly found on fixed Baled Helmets which cease

Default Oddities that occur sometimes.

Just found this on Ebay in the US,its an un-issued McCord produced around august 1944 and yet it has the early raised Brass Buckle type most commonly found on fixed Baled Helmets which ceased production in july 1943 to save on Brass and Iron became the replacement material so how can this be?maybe excess stocks kept back while Iron was being used but then I've never encountered any issued Helmets of this timeframe with this Buckle so anyone got any ideas?..............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oddities that occur sometimes.   Oddities that occur sometimes.  

Oddities that occur sometimes.   Oddities that occur sometimes.  

Oddities that occur sometimes.   Oddities that occur sometimes.  

Here's another un-issued M1 from the latter half of 1944 with the painted steel/Brass type that we are used to regularly seeing.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oddities that occur sometimes.   Oddities that occur sometimes.  

Oddities that occur sometimes.  

?

Probably just using up old stock buddy.

?

Interesting examples Jake, I think I have a few of these oddities too in my collection too, I always assumed from Reynosa books that these type of features could be fairly accurately dated, but occcasionally these anomolies appear

Thanx for dropping by opex,the only conclusion I can come to is that in my opening thread I stated that I have never seen this type of Buckle on any issued Helmet of that time frame!!!!!however this is Not an issued Helmet so maybe these shells sat around at McCords until after the war and then when materials weren't of short supply simply used up..............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanx for dropping by opex,the only conclusion I can come to is that in my opening thread I stated that I have never seen this type of Buckle on any issued Helmet of that time frame!!!!!however this is Not an issued Helmet so maybe these shells sat around at McCords until after the war and then when materials weren't of short supply simply used up..............
    Good point Jake, that does make sense and the only logical reason