Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One more M1: Authentic WW II

Article about: Dear all, Once again a M1. I think the helmet looks to be authentic WW 2. May I ask you what do you think please? I wish you all a Happy New Year! alter musketier

I see. Be sure to touch base with us again when it arrives so we know how it all comes out! It looks very nice, well worth finding a comparable liner for.

Usually the S is stamped near the heatnumber, but sometimes on the side near one of the bales.

I have a few mint Schlueters but no McCords in matching condition to compare them.

Interesting. I don't own a Schlueter, but have been told it's found on the front brim underside. Apparently consistency was not always the order of the day on these marks. Should be noticeable in hand though, and hopefully the shell is a Schlueter if for no other reason that it's less common and more desirable.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Interesting. I don't own a Schlueter, but have been told it's found on the front brim underside.
    That is the normal location indeed, together with the heatnumber. But on a rare occasion the S was stamped somewhere near one of the chinstrap bails. I'm curious what this helmet will turn out to be.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    That is the normal location indeed, together with the heatnumber. But on a rare occasion the S was stamped somewhere near one of the chinstrap bails. I'm curious what this helmet will turn out to be.
    Ive got an early fixed bale and a late swivel bale schlueter and both have the stamp on the front under the heat stamp, ive never heard of it being on the side?

All the Schlueters I had & still have, had it there too. I only saw it on the side in a few pics. Like I said, it's rare. That's why want to see about this one.

Dear all,

Yesterday the helmet arrived. Indeed it looks very well. I am so happy!

At a first glance I could not see a stamp with the 'S'. However I need some day light. For a new search I have to wait probably some time because my little son could be interested in the helmet too much too It remains thrilling.

Again thank you very much for your evaluations!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Maybe it was the pot's second trip to Europe and Germany across the 'Großen Teich' - Atlantic - from the US.
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-17-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear all,

Yesterday the helmet arrived. Indeed it looks very well. I am so happy!

At a first glance I could not see a stamp with the 'S'. However I need some day light. For a new search I have to wait probably some time because my little son could be interested in the helmet too much too It remains thrilling.

Again thank you very much for your evaluations!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Any news about the stampings?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Any news about the stampings?
    Sorry, no news. I have to wait for an opportunity with day light still ...

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2