Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on m2 nco helmet

Article about: Hi, I was looking for a n M2 helmet and i found this on the web. It has no longer the bales but it appers to be a d-bale. On the rear it has a nco insigna too. I am not an experto on the m2

Default Opinion on m2 nco helmet

Hi, I was looking for a n M2 helmet and i found this on the web. It has no longer the bales but it appers to be a d-bale. On the rear it has a nco insigna too. I am not an experto on the m2 shells so I would like to have your opinion on this.Opinion on m2 nco helmetOpinion on m2 nco helmet

?

well not sure how you can tell from those pics that it was an M-2 ??

I would say not an M2, even with that small picture I can see no sign of a dimple on the rim.
    Rod

There's one on ebay at the moment which is probably another fake,will find the pics to add,but does look ok but then again I can never tell either way..............Jake.here are the pics,the heat stamp is 192? and has the dimples either side between the bales often associated with m2 shells.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on m2 nco helmet   Opinion on m2 nco helmet  

Opinion on m2 nco helmet   Opinion on m2 nco helmet  

I must admit Jake that does look like a good one, but I would like to have seen a nice close up side view of those bales and who in their right mind would have cut of the straps, strange thing to do! The straps help to authenticate them to.
    I would be interested on how much this makes mate.
    Here is another one which looks like the steel pot is ok but what will be putting people of it looks like its been mocked up. Sorry its beyond me how to upload the pictures.
    WW2 US M 2 Airborne Paratrooper Helmet Original D Bale w First Aid Pouch Net | eBay
    Rod

Im forgetting Rod you own the real deal,so should have a good eye,that lid I posted is up to £400 and rising,oh dear if its fake..............Jake.how much where,s Nick he needs to see this.......im the opposite Rod I cant link ebay with this forum......

Update.......hammer fell at £2,250 or $3,550 now thats a lot for a shell on its lonesome................Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Update.......hammer fell at £2,250 or $3,550 now thats a lot for a shell on its lonesome................Jake.
    well there,s people paying out there.

And also how strange that suddenly 3 so called D-Bales all appear around the same time on Fleabay,now im not that superstitious but coincidence surely not............Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    And also how strange that suddenly 3 so called D-Bales all appear around the same time on Fleabay,now im not that superstitious but coincidence surely not............Jake.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    I thought that as well Jake, strange! where’s the third one mate. They don’t come up very often.
    Has your new M1 arrived yet ?
    I see that other one isn’t sold yet, $14000 buy it now! 120 watchers, Must be great to be loaded.
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast