Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this 2nd Rangers helmet, please!

Article about: A good friend and customer just purchased this helmet at a European auction for real money! Auctioneer did not photo the interior, and the front of the helmet had the expected single vertica

Default Opinions on this 2nd Rangers helmet, please!

A good friend and customer just purchased this helmet at a European auction for real money! Auctioneer did not photo the interior, and the front of the helmet had the expected single vertical lieutenant's white bar.

I'm not crazy about it. Can anyone contribute?

Many thanks, friends!

Opinions on this 2nd Rangers helmet, please!Opinions on this 2nd Rangers helmet, please!

With these I would want bullet proof provenance. From these pictures I wouldn't venture a guess, or hold out much hope.

Amazing how the white/dirty weathering stops just short of the ranger insignia all around it. I'd hope that's dirt and just cleaned off the insignia, and not something more permanent that magically misses the important parts.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    With these I would want bullet proof provenance. From these pictures I wouldn't venture a guess, or hold out much hope.
    I agree.
    The fakers have gotten so good that without provenance I wouldn't touch it. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Well firstly the orange was actually a square just tipped on its end,where as that is a diamond?also the square painted orange was done over the follow me stripe so that section of white was completely covered over hence only white band showing above and below the orange square,even the C.O band looks more wide than original types,certainly not for me.