MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions Front seam fixed bail .

Article about: Morning gents these are not exactly my cup of tea but here we go the helmet it self looks to be a good front seam Fixed Bail M-1 the liner is in my opinion a much later variation possibly 70

Well for $60 Bucks you simply cannot get a finer shell Mark,looks almost un-issued mate,luv the stress cracks just adds character,the chinstrap and Brass hardware are like new,certainly a good one you found there,hope the liner finding went ok.......

?

Thanks Taka and Jake I am quite ecstatic to be able to add it to my collection and plan on sourcing one to ten more examples with original liners in the near future.
    As to the liner Jake I did manage to acquire that CAPAC liner last night in the price range we discussed delivered to the door but only realized after the Auction the A washers look unfinished instead of pail green I should know in a week or so once it arrives in the post .
    Is it safe to assume that with the absence of the capital S near the heat stamp that the shell was manufactured by McCord .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Front seam fixed bail .   Opinions Front seam fixed bail .  

Opinions Front seam fixed bail .   Opinions Front seam fixed bail .  

Well done Mark again on obtaining a minty liner to go with your minty McCord,with experience comes knowledge and a keen eye,no need to go looking for an "S" it wont be there as you can tell straight away by the Bales its a McCord,its still difficult to tell by the liner pics whether the "A" washers are minty Green or Black because of the sheer lack of wear to them,I havn't seen many un-issued liners to compare this example to so its difficult at best,the sweatband is a Mid-war green version,quite desirable in itself,the leather chinstrap is the last wartime production variant with black painted steel hardware,can't wait im all excited like a big kid,post up when you can..........

?

Thanks again for all your help Jake I will post up better detailed pictures of the hardware and A-washers upon it's arrival.

Regards Mark

?

The liner arrived in the post yesterday so as promised here are a few more detailed images for you to peruse IMO Jake the A-washers are blackened steel and not green the chinstrap looks to have been on this example for ages as there is a wear mark and slight discoloration on the liner from were it has been resting and strapped up tight .
    I have included a couple other images of the M-1 as well with the liner installed in all it's glory and I must say they are an absolute perfect match for size and fit together nicely thanks to every one that replied and a big thanks Jake for all your help behind the scenes in the form of E-mails and private messaging.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Front seam fixed bail .   Opinions Front seam fixed bail .  

wow mark what a stunning example ,the sourced liner complements the shell very well
    Regards James

Wow Mark what a great example,fits snug as a bug,thanks mate and the pleasure was all mine to be able to help out in someway,glad its all worked out a treat,anytime Buddy.............

Hi Mark,

Nice liner there.

Can you please post a photo of the liners chin strap (back of the bucke), there should be either UNITED CARR, or DOT on.

Thank you and regards,
    Taka

?

Will do Taka I will let you know if it is CARR and or DOT marked.

Regards Mark

?

Hi Taka I checked the back side of the rivet on the helmet chinstrap buckle and it is marked CARR.

Regards Mark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast