Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on recently acquired helmet?

Article about: Hi all, I recently purchased this helmet from a flea market and I was wondering what you guys thought about the markings on it? The man thought that the medic markings were from Vietnam but

Default Opinions on recently acquired helmet?

Hi all,

I recently purchased this helmet from a flea market and I was wondering what you guys thought about the markings on it? The man thought that the medic markings were from Vietnam but I'd like to see what the opinion here is. I know that medic helmets are the most often faked helmets but is there anything glaring on this helmet that makes it stand out to you as a fake? How would I be able to tell (if it is genuine) what era these were painted on? The helmet is a front seam and with swivel bales. The straps are missing from the helmet. I've taken some pictures but I'm not sure if they can do it justice. Please let me know if any additional pictures might be useful in identifying it. Thanks!

Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?Opinions on recently acquired helmet?

I would say a mocked up reenactment Helmet,purely because four panel medic Helmets are mostly associated within the ETO of ww2,not Vietnam also why make a target for yourself by wearing something with bright white circles,talk about attracting attention,only my opinion,others may say differant............

Hi Jake,

Is there a way to tell if this helmet is indeed genuine WW2 made? Just from some limited searching on the topic it seems to have all the right indications for being made during that time frame.

Thanks!

It has a front seam or rim butting so yes ww2 made shell,all postwar were rear seamed.............