Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions on USMC cover

Article about: by patches3 Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? - - Updated - - Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? Standard

Default Opinions on USMC cover

I really suck at seeing a good one. This one looks okay to me, but then again I haven't spent hours observing others or even seen one in person. Says it came from a family friend who was in the 4th marines but I heard so many stories that I rarely buy them anymore. Also said fixed bail but I see otherwise with the crooked bail. Stitching on side is apparently a field repair. Price is reasonable if indeed it's a world war 2 usmc cover. Has seaman liner. Opinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC coverOpinions on USMC cover

Default Re: Opinions on USMC cover

Need more pics. Need pics of the beach side stitching along the seam and bottom edges.

?

as anton said better pics are needed clear close ups of the stitching would be nice !

The shell is definitely a McCord cause of the curve and dome shape and it has the square fix bales they look like swivel but cant make it out, I like the looks of the cover but need pic's of the inside stitching and ink stamp, the liner has the right O.D color but is missing the back nape strap and part of the webbing it attaches to and head band, need pic's of the bartack (stitch pattern) on the chin strap webbing, the leather liner chin strap looks like a earlier one check the back rivet of the tensioner to see if it has a makers mark. If it is between $250-300 fair market value, that's about good for a semi complete helmn with or without the cover and some damage.

Asked for pictures of the stitching, stay tuned folks.

My phone isn't letting me save the photo so I had to screen shot, hopefully this can do until I get onto a computer, only picture I could get, and he's not the worlds greatest photographer. Opinions on USMC cover

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    My phone isn't letting me save the photo so I had to screen shot, hopefully this can do until I get onto a computer, only picture I could get, and he's not the worlds greatest photographer. Opinions on USMC cover
    The stitching looks correct, there should be a marking somewhere on it with a military issued coded date and dispersment no..

Guy I'm looking into buying this from is clueless as to what to look for, it took ages to get a picture of the stitching the way I wanted. Says its World War Two and I thought only Korean War cover had markings?

?

if its WW2 it wont have any kind of markings you are correct to say only 1950's cover have the blue anchor contract stamp & EGA so if it has none of these its WW2.

Everything checking out?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast