Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions on USMC cover

Article about: by patches3 Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? - - Updated - - Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? Standard

?

Default Re: Opinions on USMC cover

from the pic of the stitching it stands a good chance of being ok

I stand corrected on the DOD/dispersment code no. I didn't mean the EGA, Being former Marine we all marked are items, a lot of the Marine corp personnel in WWII would have marked there helmets and covers (ink stamp, soldier no. etc..) some did not, I was just curious to see if it had any personal markings? some of the marks I have seen are as follows on a couple of WWII USMC Camo-covers I have seen in my own and my friends collection.

- D/8 867 or F.R. HHanson O3281 just examples if it doesn't, its fine it does look like a WWII camo-cover. As far as the person your buying it from I would definitely have it in hand to inspect, I have know idea what he's asking? these helmets are going up in price real quick.

Once a Marine always a Marine

He's a few states away and has some random army radios and the such, only helmet is this one. Ill k is tomorrow if I'm buying and would have it in hand within the working week. Ill post to inspect and have you fellas take a look. You have been awesome help and thanks so much. Stay posted!

So you are the bidder? I was thinking about this but am probably going to pass so i hope you get it. I have asked questions and he was more then happy to help. I agree that he may not know what we ask for but he answered promptly and was very friendly. If you need anything else ask me and I will ask him.

I am the high bidder, and he was a cool dude

Yes, he has one more helmet up. I asked if he would go down but he said he would let me buy it now for 375. One of these daysi will get one because I only have one with a Korean cover now. Did u see the other one for 4000 that has the stamp on the cover?

Yeah the 4th marines one? 4000 is insane if you ask me....

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Yeah the 4th marines one? 4000 is insane if you ask me....
    I seen that one too, I know these are getting expensive, but really!!!

Either had some personal attachment or he doesn't wanna part with it. Or he's that crazy! Where are all these veterans kids?!?! I'd sure like to meet them

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Either had some personal attachment or he doesn't wanna part with it. Or he's that crazy! Where are all these veterans kids?!?! I'd sure like to meet them
    Well most of there kids are your fathers generation my parents generation and they used play with these things when they brought them home and like every other toy including my generation (starwars, transformers) they either don't have a interest in them or have a high interest and collect there childhood memories or just don't care. It happens. But 4 grand that's not like a WWII SS helmet or anything, jeeze!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast