Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Camo?

Article about: Hello everyone, This spring break I went to a new antique store and scored on a few items, one of them was this steel pot helmet. From what I've learned on this forum, its an American Vietna

Default Original Camo?

Hello everyone,
    This spring break I went to a new antique store and scored on a few items, one of them was this steel pot helmet. From what I've learned on this forum, its an American Vietnam Steel Pot Helmet. It is a bit beat up, but I fell in love with its painted camo. This is my first camo helmet and I was Wondering if it is original to the helmet or if it was post war. The liner is also painted a tanish brown color. If you guys could help me out with this I would Appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Camo?   Original Camo?  

Original Camo?   Original Camo?  

Original Camo?   Original Camo?  

Default Re: Original Camo?

Looks like someone ruined a nice lid trying to make it look "cool". Also looks like the liner has been repainted, should be OD. If you're happy with it that's all that really matters. John

?

hiya

the liner is of late 70's early 80's manufacture as it has the removable snap in suspension & i would also say the camo job looks to be a more recent addition as it looks to fresh & new to have been done during to 60's ???

looks like a kid playin' army jazzed up his lid. jmo

Looks like a good project to repaint back to orig color to me could be fun for ya my friend.

Eric

For now I will leave it on my shelf, too bad its not original :-( but its another steel pot to add to my collection! It was only 20$ is that a good price for it?

Quote by General Patton View Post
    For now I will leave it on my shelf, too bad its not original :-( but its another steel pot to add to my collection! It was only 20$ is that a good price for it?
    I think you did ok!

Eric

Decent buy for 20 bills. Maybe get a Nam cover to put on it.

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    Decent buy for 20 bills. Maybe get a Nam cover to put on it.
    Sounds like a good idea and for that price you really can't go wrong

Thanks

Danny

Wow, im glad to hear I did a good job, I think I will get a nam cover about how much do they cost?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast