Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War

Article about: Hi guys yesterday the weather was very good and I went to the local fleemarket I found this cool M1 from the Vietnam War for 40€ I know that the Shell was from WW2 because of the frontseam a

Default Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War

Hi guys
    yesterday the weather was very good and I went to the local fleemarket
    I found this cool M1 from the Vietnam War for 40€
    I know that the Shell was from WW2 because of the frontseam and the liner, cover, chinstrap and band was from the US-Army, but im not shure
    Is it true or fake
    inside the dome it was stamped with
    W and it have a Sand texture
    I need your expertsknowledge
    Im thankful for all good posts and information
    Best regards from germany
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War   Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War  

Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War   Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War  

Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War   Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War  

Original M1 helmet from WW2 refurbished for the Vietnam War  

I'm not keen on the paint applied to the shell.

The cover is from 1967. I have seen this type of paint job on Vietnam era helmets, maybe post Korean War pre Vietnam era. Can’t comment on the Captains bars without a close up picture.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks for the info
    The seller said me it is from the army base in Ramstein in Germany and he got it from a soldier in the year 1975
    I want to Question About the rarity of this helmets
    Regards
    Bavarian

The helmet is not rare, it is quite common. 99% of helmet were reissued and would have multiple names on the liner. Sometimes you can get away with keeping your cover.

Marty

...that must be a pretty good Flea Market....I’m finding it hard to keep up with all your Helmet purchases from there! British, German, Russian, Bulgarian.....:-)

It is a good one ,I guess
    Isnt it?

You did well

Marty