Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original NCO ETO Fixed Loop Helmet.

Article about: This has been shown on another thread but not in so much detail,so today I blew the cobwebs off and took some pics.a July 43 McCord fixed loop with the last of the Raised Brass Buckle type H

Default Original NCO ETO Fixed Loop Helmet.

This has been shown on another thread but not in so much detail,so today I blew the cobwebs off and took some pics.a July 43 McCord fixed loop with the last of the Raised Brass Buckle type Heatstamp 574B,Green A washer Firestone Liner,damage to HBT webbing,period or early postwar repaint with hopefully an original NCO ETO follow me stripe,the dimensions match original ones,had this a good few years now,most of the damage was caused through bad postwar storage,including some 20 stress cracks,but its what it is but does have plenty of character..............
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:59 PM.

I don't think it was ever repainted. It looks like it was well-used. Nice score!

Thanks Mo for your positive comments.......

very nice helmet

Jake, that is a nice classic helmet. I do believe the NCOs stripe is the real deal. Man I love that brass buckle. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Nice WW II helmet.

?

I like it a lot Jake, a good honest example, I agree with your comment about it having character, I also like the fact that the paint finish is no longer on the liner as well,overall a piece to be proud to own, which I am 1000% sure you are, I never tire of seeing your M1 collection, keep them comin' my friend

Thanks for the great words guys,and of coarse Gary your right mate this was my first Fixed Loop and it ain't going nowhere except maybe getting moved about a bit but deffo staying,to own something that actually ties in with a specific piece of history is always a nice thing,if only it could talk.............

Well done, great helmet.

Cheers
    Nuno