Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Original US M1 WWII era Shells?

Article about: Hi friends, I have several wwII era liners (Westinghouse and MSA), but no fitting shells. I'm considering to buy these two, but I would like some opinions first, my main concern is the paint

Default Original US M1 WWII era Shells?

Hi friends,

I have several wwII era liners (Westinghouse and MSA), but no fitting shells.

I'm considering to buy these two, but I would like some opinions first, my main concern is the paint, original?

Second one is a Schlueter, again my main concern is the paint.

Cheers, Mads

?

Hi Mads, the first one could have remnants of the original paint it's hard to tell by the picture, the second one has definitely been re-corked and painted, but if the price is right it would not put me off, as the shells themselves look good,hope this helps, regards Opex

Thanks Opex, first one has many shiny areas, not sure if this is due to tear and wear.

Also what would be a fair price, considering that both sellers are located in Europe?

Cheers, Mads

Mads its all down to personal choice really....if your liners are completely original including exterior paint then i would want to pair them with equally original shells,these i would pass on the first one displayed has been as Opex said repainted also the schlueter has not only been recorked and repainted like new the chinstraps are repro too,walk away unless you can find some chinstraps but probably not worth the money and time.......

Thank you Jake. I really have a hard time finding shells with original paint and chinstraps,

Cheers, Mads

Just keep looking Mads they do surface here in the UK and frequently in the US however the shippings going to hurt a lot more............

I agree.
    I would look for something better unless you are using them for reenacting.