Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Original WW2 Helmet?

Article about: \\$65 is a bit pricy for what this helmet is, but read up, study some threads on M1 helmets here on the forums, and you will have much better luck next time.

Default Re: Original WW2 Helmet?

$65 is a bit pricy for what this helmet is, but read up, study some threads on M1 helmets here on the forums, and you will have much better luck next time.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    $65 is a bit pricy for what this helmet is, but read up, study some threads on M1 helmets here on the forums, and you will have much better luck next time.
    You must get great deals In PA on Vietnam lids not in the Midwest this is avrg price.

if the the service number is original , the liner was issued before 1969 , because the Army & Air Force changed and started using social security numbers after July 1, 1969

Thomas Ryan is a common name

so judging by the type of service number and if the liner & helmet are a matching set they were used during Vietnam since the liner is a model 1958 , that would mean a soldier used it sometime between the early 1960's - 1968 era

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thomas A Ryan was one of Private Ryans brothers in the film, im afraid youve let the story dictate your willingness to buy, as for the seller i would take this back to him, demand your money back and let people know that hes a con man
    Thomas A Ryan was a real person check here THOMAS A RYAN but unfortunately none with that number.

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    You must get great deals In PA on Vietnam lids not in the Midwest this is avrg price.
    The only Vietnam era M1 I have is a complete 1967 para with an ERDL cover and utility band. It cost me $60. You could find one similar to the one that started this thread for $30-$40.

Quote by NickD View Post
    Thomas A Ryan was a real person check here THOMAS A RYAN but unfortunately none with that number.
    have you checked Vietnam era service records? this could be a different Thomas A Ryan that served during Vietnam

?

he dosent show up on the Vietnam NARA records.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    have you checked Vietnam era service records? this could be a different Thomas A Ryan that served during Vietnam
    Given the story that GP was given ie ww2 GI KIA this was obviously a sales ploy when in fact there was no need to, if the guy had been honest and said he was under the impression that it could be Vietnam era , he still could have sold it for the same price, but he saw that this was a young lad who had money on him so sold him a story ,, RYAN= WW2= KIA , If there is a Ryan Vietnam era with the serial no/ given then so be it, our friend still has a nice original helmet but from a later era , im afraid i dont like con men and call it as i see it

Quote by davejb View Post
    Given the story that GP was given ie ww2 GI KIA this was obviously a sales ploy when in fact there was no need to, if the guy had been honest and said he was under the impression that it could be Vietnam era , he still could have sold it for the same price, but he saw that this was a young lad who had money on him so sold him a story ,, RYAN= WW2= KIA , If there is a Ryan Vietnam era with the serial no/ given then so be it, our friend still has a nice original helmet but from a later era , im afraid i dont like con men and call it as i see it
    Well said Dave.

the only good thing out of this is that this is an actual helmet that was used at some point (or atleast factory made) and not a complete fake or reproduction. I bought this last year when i was 15 so i did not know as much as i do now. i will do a follow up when it comes to research. thank you everyone who posted!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast