Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 M1 helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone, i found this neat looking WW2 American helmet for sale and was wondering if it was authentic and if the snow camo was original. if it is original, then what would be a good p

Default Original WW2 M1 helmet?

Hello everyone, i found this neat looking WW2 American helmet for sale and was wondering if it was authentic and if the snow camo was original. if it is original, then what would be a good price for it? thank you guys for the help!

WWII snow camo painted M1 helmet with liner (white). | eBay

Default Re: Original WW2 M1 helmet?

This is a Military Police, or 'MP' helmet IMO, ( In WWII these guys were
    called 'Snow Drops' ) but it's possible that the helmet surface was
    painted to match the white liner - which appears to have
    original paint...........
    Regards,

Steve.

I was told by another US collector that white liner paint could be MP, but it also could have been used for parade use.

IMO the helmet was not painted white for snow use during WWII, but i could be wrong.

An MP liner? That's awesome! What do you guys think of the 'camo' is it ww2 winter camo? And what would be a decent price for a helmet like this? I see its a bit beat up on the inside

Thanks for the responses

Sorry Franz I didn't see the rest of your post, the camo is the only thing I really like about the helmet, its not worth it to me if its fake.

The liner is still worth something. I bought one form a the same US collector for $40, it was complete.

The liner in picture looks complete, the sweat looks bit strange though (could be heavy use), Rear seam date 1944 and later, so likely hood of being in Europe is slimmer than the front seam. The shell is also missing a bale.

Up to you man... remember there is a reserve you… up to

Cant tell if the helmet is corked.