MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Article about: by 155mmhowitzer Jepp, I got very real good Informations about this Helmet, and trust me. That are my pictures the Guy sended. And he didn´t payed 300\\$ for it. Or he bought it from a man in

Question Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Hi all! i'm about to buy this US M1 helmet that looks great for me, but i need some other opinions about it, the seller says that it's 100% original WW2 from the battle of bulge (found there in the 70's) and for me looks like that, what do you think about it? original or fake, a good deal for about 300$

Thank you very much for your help!!

Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

It all looks original to me.But $300 seems alot of money for the condition its in...no chinstraps, looks very pitted on the steel shell as well, and the liner is in poor condition too.This is just my opinion though, if you like it get it.There are better and cheaper m1's out there.

Hi,

I agree with "NCA".
    What is the insigna in the front of the shell ?

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Thank you very much for your replys!

I have seen "cheaper" m1 helmets out there too, but this one looks like it's from a captain, this is the thing that make me think about pay the 300$

You're more expert than me, but the insignia in the front could be the 2 captain stripes rigth? (at least the seller sells it like a captain one). Continues to be expensive even as captain one from battle of bulge?

Thank you very much again!

The biggest thing that worries me is that the owner makes the claim "100% original WW2 from the battle of bulge". That's a pretty hard claim to back up. As for price, I agree with others, looks a bit on the high side (unless of coures you can back the claim). If it had the original chin strap the price might be more in-line.

Hi William,
    i would say going by the colour of the webbing ect and that it is a front seam fixed bale it is W.W.2, but i would say a barn find. i have seen many of these helmets come out of barns ect in France and Belgium, the price is high IMO
    But there is a rule with collectors, Buy the item not the story. This helmet has been sitting for years, it could have come from anywhere.
    dave.

?

The liner is post WWII.
    The shell is missing one of the fixed bails.
    There is no way to know when the captains bars were painted on.
    It is NOT worth the price being asked.

Thanks all again!

SteveR, are you sure that the liner is post WWII?? why it's a post war and not a original one?
    There are both fixed bails (as i can see)
    if this is a too high price, How would it cost then??

Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

I was going to write this earlier on but i thought i would wait to see what others were going to say about it.
    I have read in other forums that when the rim has a lot of paint missing from it its a bad sign that it may have been sanded to artificially age it. Of coarse this one may have lost its paint naturally as the paint chipped of easily from the rim. Just something else to think about. There are some good fakers of these in France/ Belgium/ Italy apparently.
    I would make sure your getting a money back guarantee just in case.
    I to would like to know how you can tell this is a post war liner from that picture SteveR please. it has a one piece nape strap like early/ mid war liners.
    Rod

The liner looks like a '50's one going by the green webbing, WW2 are khaki. it may also be dated in the inner liner top

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast