Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Article about: by 155mmhowitzer Jepp, I got very real good Informations about this Helmet, and trust me. That are my pictures the Guy sended. And he didn´t payed 300\\$ for it. Or he bought it from a man in

Default Re: Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Hi William,
    I still think it is W.W.2 issue and all original, there are still plenty of these and other allies helmets stored in houses and barns though out Europe ready to be found. The age, dust and grime will darken any webbing found like this,
    It is your call on the price but i think it,s a good helmet.
    Dave.

Quote by NickD View Post
    the liner is WW2 its just the condition of the liner & the quality of the picture makes it look a darker green then it is.
    You said that the liner is WW2, and the shell looks like a WW2 one, right?
    So, the problem here is the posible fake history about the helmet and the captain strips right?
    The real history will never know it, and the captain stripes it's possible to know if they are origianl or fake?

I like the relic helmets, IMO are more "authentic". anyway, if we're all agree in that the helmet it's 100% WW2 (although the chin strap would be from other one, i see that is too clean compared to the rest as you say) i think is not as bad buy as can be. (for me of course)

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi William,
    I still think it is W.W.2 issue and all original, there are still plenty of these and other allies helmets stored in houses and barns though out Europe ready to be found. The age, dust and grime will darken any webbing found like this,
    It is your call on the price but i think it,s a good helmet.
    Dave.
    Thanks Dave, i hope you are right!

?

that's what im saying the helmet its self is a WW2 fixed bail shell with a WW2 liner also from the shape of the bails it looks like it could be a SCHLUETER made shell all in semi relic condition if that's what your buying it for then go for it if you feel the price is right just don't buy because of the story the seller has given you about it as you'll never be able to prove it.

Hi William,

The steel shell is original WW2; Front seam, fixed balls. The captain bars are a + .
    The liner is original WW2 ; "A" washers in steel (very rusty) . Liner with steel "A" washers were only manufactured between mid 1943, mid 1944. The headband is made with the simplified steel flat buckle, manufactured mid 1942, mid 1944. The neckband is in one piece manufactured as far as end 1944. George Frost Co is only a ww2 manufacturer.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Hi,

Rectification, the manufacturer: George Frost is a good ww2 manufacturer
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

i wouldn't pay more than 40 bucks for that. tell you the truth i wouldn't even buy it. the story is nice, but condition is key. id pass, thanks for sharing though.
    to put it this way-
    If i had that helmet to sell, i would never ask 300 for it. i would feel like a crook. i have sold and bought several M1's over the years. if you pay 300 for that, the next time you will find someone who really wants to sell and is getting rid of a way nicer one for a realistic price.

the knowledge you learn from this forum will give you a one up. if you cant talk him down from that he is just gonna wait for some poor noob, maybe ask for more.

keep looking.
    Last edited by m1guy; 02-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.

WOW ! Great helmet ! 100% Original

?

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you've got some really good info to back that claim up

Quote by NickD View Post
    WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you've got some really good info to back that claim up
    Jepp, I got very real good Informations about this Helmet, and trust me. That are my pictures the Guy sended. And he didn´t payed 300$ for it. Or he bought it from a man in Italy. This Helmet was from my Dads Farm, where he was in 1944 and there were a group of 40 Soldiers with 240mm Howitzers in the Yard. The Group of 40 were at the roof and leaved many Stuff there. All Items we found there in the 70th when i was old enough, were from these group of soldiers. I don´t know, why you kids all think how to find out how it is original or not. YOU ARE ALL REENECTORS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well i feel the waters of the forum are quickly becoming very murky indeed,A new member on only there second post has managed to insult one of the most experienced M1 members on here so big up to you and congratscould this be the new and improved DOM MK11 version with even more verbal than diarrhoea.there's no place for this kind of behaviour here im sorry to say.end of rantminnie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast