Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Article about: by 155mmhowitzer Jepp, I got very real good Informations about this Helmet, and trust me. That are my pictures the Guy sended. And he didn´t payed 300\\$ for it. Or he bought it from a man in

?

Default Re: Original ww2 M1 helmet or a good prepared repro? (need help)

Quote by 155mmhowitzer View Post
    Jepp, I got very real good Informations about this Helmet, and trust me. That are my pictures the Guy sended. And he didn´t payed 300$ for it. Or he bought it from a man in Italy. This Helmet was from my Dads Farm, where he was in 1944 and there were a group of 40 Soldiers with 240mm Howitzers in the Yard. The Group of 40 were at the roof and leaved many Stuff there. All Items we found there in the 70th when i was old enough, were from these group of soldiers. I don´t know, why you kids all think how to find out how it is original or not. YOU ARE ALL REENECTORS HAHAHAHAHAHA

well that's me told

?

You certainly have Nick, i take it your proffesion is a reenector, i trust its well paid and your at management level

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    You certainly have Nick, i take it your proffesion is a reenector, i trust its well paid and your at management level
    you know it i also came top of my class in reenactors collage

You could be sure. You have now a very good,original Captain Helmet . At the Time,when I sold it at a website, the only thing was that i needed money at this time. You could really belive that i never ever will sell any stuff from the Farm roof,that belongs to my life and Familys life. I hope that it is now clear that the Helmet is 100% WW2 . Greetings

?

Hmmmmm, 1944, war ended in 1945, so a group of soldiers , still fighting a war, left their equipment and in one particular case a "Captain" decides to leave his vital head protection, up in a roof and then continues the war without one, that makes a great deal of sense, i wonder just how many wartime soldiers, still in the thick of fighting leave their helmets and carry on regardless, in fact how many troops in Afghanistan, Iraq and other conflicts before this just leave their helmets and walk away to another battle, especially a gun battery, am i being too critical here, or just sarcastic, answers on a postcard please

Very funny story 155mmhowitzer... Even a 10 year old child can make up a better story...
    The leather chin strap looks not good for me. It's too "new" for a helmet which lay over 30 years in a barn? And 300 bucks for a helmet without web chin straps?(only if the story were proved)
    Greetings

Hi Guys, first off, the new member here is NOT a previously banned member. So no insults or paranoia needed thanks.

The helmet is clearly original. But as can be seen the liner and leather chinstrap have been partially cleaned.

I have no idea on values.

The story, who knows, but kit did/does get left behind.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4