Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paratrooper liner

Article about: Was at the neighborhood block party last week talking with one of my neighbors who's father was in the 82 AB. I said it's to bad you dont have his helmet. He said " I do its in the cell

?

Default Paratrooper liner

Was at the neighborhood block party last week talking with one of my neighbors who's father was in the 82 AB. I said it's to bad you dont have his helmet. He said " I do its in the cellar ". When I first looked at the helmet I saw a rear seem and my heart sank then I flipped it over and saw the liner. He wont sell it but he let me clean it and take some photos so I'm happy. The liner is a Westinghouse and I noticed that he moved the liner around why I dont know. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paratrooper liner   Paratrooper liner  

Paratrooper liner   Paratrooper liner  

Default Re: Paratrooper liner

Looking good, It’s in great condition, pity he won’t sell it when it’s just sitting a cellar doing nothing anyway.
    Just goes to show what can turn up when you happen to mention to people your a collector.
    Rod

Hi unless im mistaken that shell is postwar,sand aggriegate not cork texture?liners ww2 so something ain't quite right me thinks,also postwar T1 chinstrap,regards minnie.
    Last edited by moaning minnie; 09-15-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: add more info

?

I agree its does look like to shell was the one that he wore

He didn't mention when did he? Going by the lid, it was later than WW2, or he at least stayed on for a good period of time after the war to have that style of lid. Regardless, it is a great liner!!!

?

Guys all I have been told is he was in during the war . I believe the chin strap is early war ( five holes on the one piece leather chin cup ) how the liner got hooked up with the helmet only he knows and he has passed. I have the paratrooper helmet book and everything looks to be WWII on the liner . The helmet is in very good shape with very little wear . My thoughts are he got the helmet post war and just put them together . Gary
    Last edited by RH1941; 09-16-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Yes gary i think that sounds right,the shell was simply added to complete the look!!!!!regards minnie.

?

Hi Minnie stranger things have happened. Still a very cool liner .

?

Hi Minnie stranger things have happened. Still a very cool liner .