Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!

Article about: Feast your mince pies on this original 88th division front seamed yes swivel bale lid with mid-war liner and green painted chinstrap hardware. bids of \\$900 plus with 5 days to go and reserve

Default Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!

Feast your mince pies on this original 88th division front seamed yes swivel bale lid with mid-war liner and green painted chinstrap hardware. bids of $900 plus with 5 days to go and reserve isn't met,who said only fixed bales were collectible?chime in guys,regards minnie.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!   Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!  

Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!   Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!  

Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!   Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!  

Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!  

Default Re: Paying the price of a decal lid!!!!

Nice helmet...I guess, I hope they know what they are bidding on cuz I sure don't, lol.

NCA
    ?

Yeah..not bad.

I see it's not just us Stahlhelm collectors who manage to go off the deep end, lol...I take comfort in that.
    Cheers, Glenn

Personally I don’t like the fact that there is no cork around and underneath the decal.
    So has it been rubbed down painted green then the decal applied at that part of the helmet? If so the question is when!
    Other than that the rest looks good.
    Rod

I know next to nothing about American helmets, but $900 seems like a ridiculously outlandish price to me. I can understand paratrooper helmets getting that high, but this one...