Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pennsylvania State Police M1

Article about: here is the COA im sure its to small to read would you like me to type it? the riot was the Kohler company strike (which turned into a riot) of 1934.

Default Pennsylvania State Police M1

Here is an odd ball, A fixed bail M1 with WWII depot rigged straps. Unfortunately the liner is Korean / Vietnam era. I have seen these in pictures when I was a kid and would go with my dad to his barracks. There were pictures of the PA state police from different eras all through the hallway. Maybe I can get him to take a picture of one of them for comparison.
    Also notice the dent in the side of the steel pot there is a small hole that goes through the liner and pushes out the metal of the shell that line up. Maybe someone shot it with a .22?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pennsylvania State Police M1   Pennsylvania State Police M1  

Pennsylvania State Police M1   Pennsylvania State Police M1  

Pennsylvania State Police M1   Pennsylvania State Police M1  

?

Default Re: Pennsylvania State Police M1

I like it. It's certainly been around for a while! It's got that strange buckle that shows up sometimes, and with the riveted straps too it's been repaired a lot. Nice helmet.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I like it. It's certainly been around for a while! It's got that strange buckle that shows up sometimes, and with the riveted straps too it's been repaired a lot. Nice helmet.
    I thought about switching the liner for one of my early Westinghouse liners so it matched the helmets age better, but the hole, and sticker match this so I will give it this way to my dad for his retirement.
    This is the only fixed bail I have owned... to bad I am gifting it... but It will return to me again some day

I have a police m1917 that was used in a riot in 1934.

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    I have a police m1917 that was used in a riot in 1934.
    Any pictures?

I really suck and can't post pictures on this forum for some reason let me try again if can't I could email them to you.

wow I feel stupid they were just the wrong size. anyway i'll put up one of the liner and chinstrap in a minute. as you can see it is extremely dirty from over being stored for nearly 80 years but under the dirt it is very mint.

Is that its COA behind it? What riot was it used in?

Pennsylvania State Police M1 as you can see its dirty but look at that chinstrap brand new!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast