Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers

Article about: Ive picked up these two solid OD green covers both with different foliage slits both mint O.D. Cover Video From Vietnam - Looking For Opinions - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria For

?

Cool Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers

Ive picked up these two solid OD green covers both with different foliage slits both mint

O.D. Cover Video From Vietnam - Looking For Opinions - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers   Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers  

Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers   Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers  

Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers  

Default Re: Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers

Nice condition Nick.....are you keeping as per say or fitting them on a lid to display?.......Jake.

?

cheers Jake

these will be staying as they are as i do have another one that i got awhile ago that's displayed on an M-1.

?

very nice Nick and in great condition , in the same vein do you have a Korean war cover , the only ones ive seen are in films and i believe they were a light green or canvas colour and thicker than the later ones

Ive never seen a clear photo of a Marine with a OG cover in Vietnam, only a faded old black & white photo

the Marine shown here with a M60 has a wet cover , this could make it appear like OG in a B&W photo, his OG utility cotton sateen uniform is also soaking wet

a faded soaking wet Mitchell cover could appear to be a OG cover if it's soaked and dirty in those old films
    Attached Images Attached Images Plain OD green M-1 helmet covers 

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    very nice Nick and in great condition , in the same vein do you have a Korean war cover , the only ones ive seen are in films and i believe they were a light green or canvas colour and thicker than the later ones

cheers mate

i only have these & a frog skin USMC 50's cover Ive never seen any other type of KW era covers for sale.

One of Andy's most recent projects was displaying a helmet with one of these covers with a winter fur lined hood underneath... It SCREAMED Korean War deep freeze!

?

he used the frog skin type cover for his display not an OD green one Marine M1 1950's Era

Quote by NickD View Post
    he used the frog skin type cover for his display not an OD green one Marine M1 1950's Era
    Ah! My mistake! This is the thread I was thinking of:
    Korean War M1 Covers

He spoke about the OD covers and then posted a photo of the camo covered helmet with hood underneath.