Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help me date and value these helmets

Article about: hi guys, i have posted a few times but i wanted to put everything in 1 thread. 1) the first helmet and liner i am pretty sure is WW2. it is a front seam swivel bail. the liner straps have 17

Default Please help me date and value these helmets

hi guys, i have posted a few times but i wanted to put everything in 1 thread.

1) the first helmet and liner i am pretty sure is WW2. it is a front seam swivel bail. the liner straps have 17 stamped and a yelow F.

2) the second set is a Air Training Command Westinghouse liner.

3) the third is i think a WW2 era rear seam because of the testure and the 603 heat stamp number but it has an angeled buckle at the bail.

4) The fourth is i think Vietnam era. it is a bright green and the buckle has an anchor.

All information is wanted. and i would like to know a market value of these

1)

2)

3)

4)

Default Re: Please help me date and value these helmets

3 is an m1-c helmet from to the looks of it mid vietnam war era to possibly post war. 1 and 3 would go for a fair bit, 2 and 4 would go for a bit less, depending on who is buying, but nice work mate.

Carl

thank you so much for the information.. i had no idea #3 was an M1-C. Do you think the helmet and liner in #1 was ever issued? the reason i ask is because of the great condition.

The third is not an M1-C its just a late/post vietnam war helmet. The first was probably not issued or wasnt used often. All the others are vietnam or korean war. - Nick K

#1 Looks like a WW2 Schleuter front seam, swivel bale helmet with the OD #7 shade chinstraps and original paint and corking. Liner, I cannot see the manufacturers mark, but it looks like a "Mid-war" liner judging by the green "A" washers, along with the OD#3 HBT weave. Price? All depends. I have seen them go for $200-$250 for a fine specimen like this.

#2 Is a WW2 produced liner, but cannot tell the color of the A washers. But it has obviously seen a long post war service life. The headband appears to be the style that began to be seen in the mid 50's on up. The post war liners were produced pretty much the same as their WW2 brothers, with the exception that the webbing was now a green OD#7 HBT weave. After that, in the mid 50's, the HBT webbing was changed in favor of a cotton weave material.

#3 Appears to be either a late WW2 produced rear seam, or one of the later variants that were produced later for the KW-Vietnam time frame. They also switched the coating from cork, to sand/silica and the color to a lighter shade. Almost apple in color at times. The chin straps are the post Nam style, and were used up until the steel gave way to kevlar. The airborne style chinstraps if on there, would have the male snaps just like all the previous versions. A quick way to tell if your lid is post WW2 produced is to put a WW2 liner in it. The Nam era were a lower dome, so the WW2 liners would stick out from the bottom quite a bit.

#4 Looks to be one of the post war produced lids, with the sand coating and lighter green paint. The chin straps are of the clip on style that came out in the mid-late 50's with the black hardware, used up until the introduction of the post war as you have a lid #3. The clip on chinstraps using this style of hardware was developed in WW2, but didn't make it to the field in any numbers, if any. At least not any seen in photos or proof yet. WITH the exception of the latter style flak helmets. The hardware on these were an OD color, up until the black like you have here.

#

my bad, i was in a rush when i typed that abot No. 3