Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please ID this helmet

Article about: I found this helmet today, and would like to know if someone can give me information about it. I don't know anything about it, except that its been shot in the front. The stamp in the helmet

Default Please ID this helmet

I found this helmet today, and would like to know if someone can give me information about it. I don't know anything about it, except that its been shot in the front. The stamp in the helmet looks like 48B, but im not exactly sure, its hard to read. On the liner,the mark is a M with a circle around it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please ID this helmet   Please ID this helmet  

Please ID this helmet   Please ID this helmet  

Default Re: Please ID this helmet

Looks to be a WW2 U.S. helmet, is the seam in the front or back of the helmet?

The seem is in the front. What should I try to sell this for? Whats a fair asking price?

Thanks!

Looks like a front seam swivel bail M-1. Looks to have Viet Nam era chinstraps with a mid WWII liner.

By look from the pictures it seem it has post war paint on the helmet to. (It's bit glossy. )

To me the liner is most attractive to me. The scrap on front does herts the value.

I sometimes see helmets like these show up locally for about $40+, some people may differ on the price.

?

WW2 front seamed swivel bail shell that's been post war re-painted possibly used through the Korean war & Vietnam, the liner is WW2 as well with a post war sweatband. in its current condition i would split them up to sell, the shell maybe $15-$20 & the liner depending on maker $50 upwards. IMO