Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet

Article about: I have been after this helmet for 6 months and finally got it today. I think it is a true Korean War burlap helmet. Am I right? let me know. Marty

Default Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet

I have been after this helmet for 6 months and finally got it today. I think it is a true Korean War burlap helmet. Am I right? let me know.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet   Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet  

Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet   Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet  

Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Sorry I can't comment on originality but it certainly looks cool

?

It looks pretty good friend. I like it.

nice helmet it certainly has a been there bought the T shirt look to it ,this is mirrored in the overall condition of the shell /hessian and hard wear ,glad you finally got the helmet you were after and thanks for sharing cheers james

Default More pics

Thanks for the kind words, all opinions welcome. More pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet   Possible Korean burlap War m1 helmet  

Very nice Marty,the age and wear to the burlap seems consistent to the paint loss,and typical field brushed repaint to shell and liner,however the only concern is the chinstraps they appear to be a later addition unless the whole set was done post Korea maybe some period during Vietnam,other than that a great displaying Helmet and talking piece,well done Bud and thanks for sharing................

I one concern I had was the chinstrap and no I did not do any research before hand( tunnel vision). The metal chinstrap clips were green in the Korean War era then went to black. Well either the set is oringial to one other or the set has been together for a long time.
    Marty