Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Possible navy Chaplains helmet

Article about: I am a sucker for Chaplain helmets and I received this one today. It was from the original pictures I saw, supposed to be a Vietnam era navy chaplain helmet but when I received it and found

Default Possible navy Chaplains helmet

I am a sucker for Chaplain helmets and I received this one today. It was from the original pictures I saw, supposed to be a Vietnam era navy chaplain helmet but when I received it and found the heat stamp I believe it maybe post Vietnam. The HS is a 4692 large type numbers, low dome helmet which I believe will be a RJ Stampings helmet.
    The color is dull in the front and brighter towards the rear but the color is the same and the wear is even. The color is what is throwing me off, is it navy? Is it possibly Air Force? I was told by others it looks navy but here it is.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible navy Chaplains helmet   Possible navy Chaplains helmet  

Possible navy Chaplains helmet   Possible navy Chaplains helmet  

Possible navy Chaplains helmet   Possible navy Chaplains helmet  

Possible navy Chaplains helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Looks like neither to me Marty. Will defer to others...

Sound silly...but could there be another use for this? Some Jr. military camp or something. I would just not expect something so shiny. Looks like spray paint.

Also interesting in that it appears they painted the cross first, taped it up and then sprayed the blue over the helmet (chips and all)...?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good point and something I did think about and the possibility of it being a police chaplain helmet but here is a picture of the same blue and it’s a navy helmet.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible navy Chaplains helmet   Possible navy Chaplains helmet  

MAP
    ?

Matches well.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, I’m not 100% convinced that the helmet is military and I want to thank you for your candor. It does have multiple colors of paint under the blue. I can see the original green and then red and the blue on top. The red may be a primer.
    All thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Marty

MAP
    ?

I'm out of ideas...

The blue matches well but I still don't know. I know very little about M1's.

One more that’s close in color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible navy Chaplains helmet  

Confirmed from a good source that the helmet is Navy.

Marty

MAP
    ?

Lucky man!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Lucky man!
    my wife tell me that all the time.