Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible Vietnam m1 helmet

Article about: I picked this helmet up today, I have not bought it yet but was able to bring it home to look over and make an offer. The helmet is a late ww2 issued helmet that has been repainted with late

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Well i like it Marty either way,i know during ww2 many Fixed looped shells were used with Airborne Liners however i don't think this practice continued into Nam,so its most likely a put together but its all original US parts,to note this example has had the field-issued T1 hook attached instead of standard wartime replacement straps,Firestone will be 64 or 67,usually the later as these are seen constantly,if its the earlier date then its quite rare,also to note it carries the rarer deep cut Mitchell by unknown government contractor,64-66.despite the fact that deep cuts were not made standard until 68,nice set Bud get it.............
    See Marty, I told you that I know nothing about these great lids ( but I hope I am learning!). L eon.

Yeh but Leon your knowledge on German and Brit Lids is awesome so there's two things you've have up on me.

Leon you have help me out outside of the forum when has come to helmets.

Jake, is there a way from what we have with this liner to know if it is a 64 or a 67?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Only by the DSA stamping on the liner right hand side webbing if readible,might have to unclip sweatband to get a better view,maybe too faded as well,go easy on the clip,Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2