Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.

Article about: Thought I would follow the trend of the other Helmet sections.my favourite two buys of this year. Both are McCord made Hadfield steel shells of 1942 configuration. High pressure Westinghouse

James please don't be down as well,iv'e already got withdrawal symptoms..............

1st Pattern High Pressure Westinghouse Liner with Rayon webbing.
    Attached Images Attached Images Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  Post up your 2014 M1 purchases. 

My salty late war "S" pot.............
    Attached Images Attached Images Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  Post up your 2014 M1 purchases. 

Im not even going to bother , great lids guys.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Wowzers is all i can say with an incredible assortment of wonderful Helmets like that.living here in the UK i guess it was always going to be difficult at best to find examples like the ones you've shown here,after seeing these im debating whether its really worth the pain and agony of finding what i would call the box standard basic,guess time to think in 2015.well done to you and good luck on your future m1 hunting..............
    Don't feel discouraged, all M1s are special and worth collecting. As a matter of fact I have a good number of plain lids and enjoy them all the same.I was lucky to have a great year for my collection, and you have too. I hope you don't consider anything you have to be lesser, and certainly don't stop collecting, and as the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Any chance of a name to go with the kind words,also when you have some time spare any chance of seperate threads on all these great Lids,and any others you may want to share with us...............thankyou............

?

I as well would love to see a few more detailed images of the depot modified M-1 so many unanswered questions the type of retaining clips that were used for the D rings, the style of rivets that were employed.
    And as to giving up Jake I think you are to far gone your committed mate or maybe you should be

Regards Mark

Yes I do need some rehab but im in for the long haul Mark,I was so overwhelmed by the sheer quality and character of those lids,im really interested in the Airborne Helmet shown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post up your 2014 M1 purchases.  

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Yes I do need some rehab but im in for the long haul Mark,I was so overwhelmed by the sheer quality and character of those lids,im really interested in the Airborne Helmet shown.
    I almost wonder if that is supposed to be a subtle 101 hidden in the neck line on the stencil on the side of this example.

Regards Mark

All i can see is the A frames and chin cup look postwar but other than that we will have to wait for a response from our newest member.........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast