MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Navy M-1

Article about: won this one off eBay on Sunday & it turned up today its pretty cool post war shell & chin strap with a WW2 liner which looks to be either an IMP or SEAMAN PAPER COMPANY made but can

?

Cool Post War Navy M-1

won this one off eBay on Sunday & it turned up today its pretty cool post war shell & chin strap with a WW2 liner which looks to be either an IMP or SEAMAN PAPER COMPANY made but cant quite work out which unfortunately the liner chin strap has had it & missing the top part of the buckle but other than that its all good
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Navy M-1   Post War Navy M-1  

Post War Navy M-1   Post War Navy M-1  

Post War Navy M-1  
    Attached Images Attached Images Post War Navy M-1 

Default Re: Post War Navy M-1

Nice buy Nick,was that over here on ebay?salty liner but adds to the interest,at least you know its original that way,webbing looks great still,is it a ww2 McCord?or postwar made?well done mate.............Jake.

?

cheers Jake

i won it for £16 on UK ebay & the shell is 60s era onwards but i cant for the life of me fined the heat stamp number & they're normally pretty visible on post war shells ?

How muchnever saw that coming,liners worth nearly 3 times that,you must know where to look,have you looked further on down inside the shell wall for the stamp?.............Jake.

?

i was waiting for a last minute fight over it as there was other bidders so i put a quite high last minute bid in myself but it ended at £16 which surprised me

STEEL MILITARY HELMET | eBay

i looked high & low but could not see a trace of a heat stamp number there is some over paint on the inside but not that heavy but maybe the number was stamp light & was hidden ?

great buy . if you had have got the liner at that price it would have been a good find but shell to. i my self think that us navy m1 are a must for m1 helmet collections.