MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Postwar Liner?

Article about: It looks to be made by Firestone with the dark o.d. webbing and painted washers. There's a war time light o.d. hbt nape strap. It has chinstrap posts but NO eyelet. Another thing is the swea

?

Default Postwar Liner?

It looks to be made by Firestone with the dark o.d. webbing and painted washers. There's a war time light o.d. hbt nape strap. It has chinstrap posts but NO eyelet. Another thing is the sweatband is not leather but made of plastic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postwar Liner?   Postwar Liner?  

Postwar Liner?   Postwar Liner?  

Postwar 1962 p55 type Liner,Firestone's first contract after ww2,sweatband doesn't look right,maybe unused or 1980's type,Nape ww2 vintage with nickel female studs.

?

Thank you for the helpful information. Yeah, the sweatband is strange. It's made of a vinyl plastic material and it seems the buckle is missing. There are no markings on the band.
    WW2 nape strap snaps marked "United Carr". Can't read the rear stamp.
    Probably a liner that someone put together from loose pieces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postwar Liner?   Postwar Liner?  

All US made sweatbands are marked with either maker or QM or CTM or DSA depending on what decade,if this is unmarked its most likely european or later US Pasgt helmet.

?

Kevlar helmets use a sweatband that attaches with Velcro and still use real leather.
    Could the headband be Vietnamese cottage industry? I know G.I. knockoffs were available real cheap off base. I've seen boonie hats and the baseball style caps not to forget uniforms and beaucoup patches and insignia.
    Just a thought, any way Thanks for your input.

?

Sorry, I must correct myself. I have 2 PASGT helmets. The first is dated 1987 and had the snap in leather sweatband that you mentioned. The second, I cannot see the date because of the rear airborne cushion, has a sweatband that attaches by Velcro.