Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Problems with this M1? helmet

Article about: Dear Members of this Forum! I would like to ask for some help in connection with this helmet shell. I've bought it on a flee-market, here in Hungary. Unfortunately I can't identify it, is it

?

Default Problems with this M1? helmet

Dear Members of this Forum!

I would like to ask for some help in connection with this helmet shell. I've bought it on a flee-market, here in Hungary. Unfortunately I can't identify it, is it from WW2, Korea, Vietnam, or is it possible, that the helmet is not American at all?
    It's a rear seam helmet shell, with swivel bails, but I couldn't find any heat stamps under the brim, or anywhere in the shell of the helmet. :S
    The helmet was black, because someone has painted it black, and under the black painting I've found this green putty, so it's not the original painting of the helmet. Pleas help by identifying this helmet.

Here are the links for the pictures:

View image: DSCN2981

View image: DSCN2983

View image: DSCN2984

View image: DSCN2979

View image: DSCN2980

View image: DSCN2985

Thank You very much!

Best Regards
    Gábor (Gabe)

?

Default Re: Problems with this M1? helmet

Hi Gabe! A very unusual helmet indeed! If I am honest I have no idea what it is but I cant help but think that looks like a russian style helmet thats had a lot of work done on it to look like a M1 or an M1 which has had some terrible repair work! Very curious helmet, Sorry I cant help more although I am sure someone here can! Cheers! Sean.

?

its a euro clone not US made.

?

Thank you for the information! I also thought that, it's not American, but I was not sure! Thanks again!!

Agree with Nick totally,no heatstamp/no texture/swivels way too high up on the rim itself/nearly all Euro clones have stainless steel rim.although last US made shells also had stainless rim but still carried heat stamp................Jake.