Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Que's Collection-- M-1 Fixed Bail

Article about: Hello all, Im new to the forum and completely screwed up my first few posts (posted them in the wrong places) so now im starting over. If you have seen these first few helmet already, please

Que
    ?

Default Que's Collection-- M-1 Fixed Bail

Hello all, Im new to the forum and completely screwed up my first few posts (posted them in the wrong places) so now im starting over. If you have seen these first few helmet already, please bare with me, I have some 60 + items to post.

Here is my M-1 Fixed bail , seam in front Stamped 240 A.
    This helmet has been repainted. The liner is stamped F A 14 and has brown leather chin strap which is broken in two places. Rivets on it are stamped United Carr. What does the Stamp on the Steel shell mean and what is an approximate value on this. Pics will not upload in the proper orientation sorry.
    Que's Collection-- M-1 Fixed Bail Que's Collection-- M-1 Fixed Bail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Que's Collection-- M-1 Fixed Bail  
    Last edited by Que; 04-10-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Welcome to the forum.
    I will try to help a little.
    What it looks like I am seeing is as you say a front seam fix bale McCord made helmet which has been repainted at some point, the number is a batch number and with that heat stamp number it would date it to around August 1942. It also looks like it has its original factory fitted chin straps which are a bonus.
    The liner looks like a late ww2 made liner missing its nape strap, and if it has the F is in a small shied it was made by Firestone company. The sweat band is a later addition and looks like it was made in 1976.
    So an early war steel lid with a late war liner. As for value check what they are making on ebay or the such, remember the fact that the helmet has been repainted and might devalue it slightly, If the liner has its original paint, that will help.
    Others will chime in.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Rod

Que
    ?

Thanks Rod, helps alot.

The repaint would devalue the lid a lot IMHO.
    Does the liner have original paint or not?
    That would be something else to figure in value.
    Also the liner missing the original head band and nape (goes toward the rear of the liner) also hurts the value.