Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about M1 Helmets???????

Article about: Hello. This is a general question about WW2 M1 helmets and their collectors. Here is the hypothetical. Lets say I own 2 M1 helmets, both in exactly the same condition, both the same age, mod

Default Question about M1 Helmets???????

Hello. This is a general question about WW2 M1 helmets and their collectors. Here is the hypothetical. Lets say I own 2 M1 helmets, both in exactly the same condition, both the same age, model etc.
    Both helmets are named to average soldiers. Neither one famous.
    The first helmet belonged to a Male soldier and the second helmet belonged to a Female soldier.
    Which would be more desirable and valuable to collectors or would there be any difference? Thoughts? Thanks

?

Default Re: Question about M1 Helmets???????

that would be a tough one, for me id go for the female because it seems there were less females involved in the war then men, i guess making it a bit rarer IMO

I never ask the easy ones Anyone ese?

buyer's choice,,,

The price would be the same,but if you do have some info about the soldiers that would help in the sale.
    You say one was a woman that could be a easy sell because there is alot of collector in the states that collect nurses stuff.

?

Sell them both as a unique pair.....

It depend on the buy, me personal i would buy the male. If you want make $$$ and there is a story behind the name and you can prove it it increases the value little more.

I would avoid buying the female soldier's helmet, I dont collect ladies gear

I also would not buy a ladies uniforms! to me it would be of less value

?

it all depends on how much info you have on each person a name alone dose not make an item worth anymore if it cant be researched but with enough info it can drive the price up even if its named to a female nurse these. helmets named to women don't come up all that often so from a collectors point of view i would say hers would be worth more but then like i said it all comes down to whether or not the names can be researched ??

Hi,

In europe and espeacialy in France, we made not a difference between a ww2 M1 helmet male or female named, they have the same value for a real collector of US stuffs.
    Regards
    Carfin