Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?

Article about: by devincu I am trying to help a friend of mine who is closing his WWII museum after 20 years and he is a WWII vet whois 95 years old so to him a M1 is an M1 and he was letting them all sell

?

Default Re: Question: WWII M1 Helmet Navy? Marine? Anybody Know?

Quote by devincu View Post
    I am trying to help a friend of mine who is closing his WWII museum after 20 years and he is a WWII vet whois 95 years old so to him a M1 is an M1 and he was letting them all sell for 150.00 to whoever wanted to buy them. Well I think a few paratrooper helmets got away before I got involved but I am no expert but I do know that there are some that are worth more than others. I have what I think is a WWII M1 Navy helmet with fixxed bales and a front seam. Also there is a W in the top of the liner so I am sure it is westinghouse. It also appears to have the original cammo cover. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any more about the helmet and what it might be worth. It is sad that the economy has forced him to close the doors but if I can help him from getting taken I want to. Thanks in advance!
    the liner is not WW2 as already been pointed out if is has the eyelet to the front then its 1950's onwards if there's no eyelet then its early Nam era, the shell is WW2 with fixed bail's & made by McCord as for the cover its the second pattern version but better pictures would be needed of the stitching on both the green & the brown side to help determine originality.

?

I still got to work on my fakes and real lol

?

The helmet is a collection of parts.
    The shell is WWII.
    The liner is late 50's
    I have doubts about the camo cover without close photos of both sides of cover and stitching down the center.
    I totally agree with Steve.

Gets us some pictures of the helmets for sale!!!

?

That was 2 years ago lol. I dont know if they are for sale any longer. Btw i just looked at one of my first comments, my god was i stupid..
    Ryan

oh, ok.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3