Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rarest of the rare!!!!

Article about: Just had to show this!!!!!!In 1942 "WESTINGHOUSE"was given a unique contract to camouflage a number of there early HBT liners for the Pacific campaign.no sooner were they dispatche

Default Rarest of the rare!!!!

Just had to show this!!!!!!In 1942 "WESTINGHOUSE"was given a unique contract to camouflage a number of there early HBT liners for the Pacific campaign.no sooner were they dispatched someone suddenly realised that in a combat zone they couldn't be worn without the steel pot so a pointless venture so they were quickly recalled and repainted in there original olive drab,however a few slipped through the net,here i can show you one on ebay in the USA,for me this is only the 2nd liner in 5 years to surface so please enjoy this incredibly rare westinghouse liner.regards Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the rare!!!!   Rarest of the rare!!!!  

Rarest of the rare!!!!   Rarest of the rare!!!!  

Rarest of the rare!!!!   Rarest of the rare!!!!  

Default Re: Rarest of the rare!!!!

Very interesting and i bet somebody was pretty embarrassed, camouflaging something that wouldn't be seen.

Yes it would be nice to catch one of these jungle liners Dave.

I’ve seen a few of these on another forum but they are certainly not common. In fact one guy got one a few months ago for something like $10 the lucky sod found it on ebay wrongly listed.
    How much is this one at?
    Regards
    Rod

up to nearly $400 with 4 hours to go!!!!regards Dave.Rod thats the way the cookie crumbies mate.

thats so great ! wish i had the cash for it ! haha

I will ask santa for it, but I think I know what she will say.
    In fact I’m not even going there at this time of night.
    Let us know what the final score is, the others I have seen have been in much better condition.
    Rod

Nice find Nick,they certainly looked the part wearing them!!!!!shame they were pretty useless on there own in any combat situation,regards Dave.

Wow. I hope when I pass on my helmet I wore in the Operation Iraqi Freedom someday that it will be looked on as cool as I look on these. That is just an amazing piece of history there.

no doubt it will be !