Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/

Article about: yea i do, but people know to do research and sell at high prices, i mean i did bump into an ex german soldier from ww2 at a car boot sale and was selling all his stuff for very high prices.

Default RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/

hey guys, i'm just forwarding the old post that i made 3 months ago, i have been majorly busy with school and such, but i'll take the photos of what i now have in my growing collection. Thank you:

hey guys, it's been a while since i've had these new findings, but a month ago, i was able to pick up a nice ww2 rear seam swivel bail helmet with the darker green painted over it for reissue (assuming it was reissued in KW) and a westinghouse liner with the green webbing with the eyelet hole on the front, which i believe is to also be KW. i also picked up a nice condition m1c liner, with the green webbing in good condition, with the A straps. i couldn't find any markings on the liner to indicate the making, but i'm sure that it is early vietnam war because it doesn't have the eyelet hole on the front. anyways i got all 3 for about $150 AUS including postage. i'll post some photos of them when i get home front school, and i would like any opinions on whether it was worth the the amount i spent.

Default Re: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    hey guys, i'm just forwarding the old post that i made 3 months ago, i have been majorly busy with school and such, but i'll take the photos of what i now have in my growing collection. Thank you:

hey guys, it's been a while since i've had these new findings, but a month ago, i was able to pick up a nice ww2 rear seam swivel bail helmet with the darker green painted over it for reissue (assuming it was reissued in KW) and a westinghouse liner with the green webbing with the eyelet hole on the front, which i believe is to also be KW. i also picked up a nice condition m1c liner, with the green webbing in good condition, with the A straps. i couldn't find any markings on the liner to indicate the making, but i'm sure that it is early vietnam war because it doesn't have the eyelet hole on the front. anyways i got all 3 for about $150 AUS including postage. i'll post some photos of them when i get home front school, and i would like any opinions on whether it was worth the the amount i spent.
    here it is guys:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/   RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/  

RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/   RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/  

RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/   RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/  

RE: The new findings i promised 3 months ago :/  

tell me what you think guys

Nice little rising sun. I wonder what the writing on it says. I've always liked these little ones-Japanese soldiers would quite often fold them and stick them up under their hats or helmets. And don't let anyone tell you they were All made of silk. I've seen plenty of these cloth ones as well! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yea, i roughly know my flags haha thank you by the way

i believe they also had big ones signed by their family for good fortune, and if i am correct, they would tie it around their abdomin.

but enough of flags, what you think of the helmets? i'm very proud of my m1-c liner, all i need is a steel pot to go with it and the early NAM covers.

Looks like you got a strong start on your collection You've got more M1 helmets than I do now. All of them look like good examples

yea, i'm first trying to start out with a massive timeline of m1's through the ages, all i need is ww2 one and a ww2 m1-c

?

Go to your local antique fair of flea market I got my ww2 fixed bail helmet for $9!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast