Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

rear seamed m1

Article about: hello everyone i have got this m1 . the helmet is swivel bail rear seam. the heat stamp is on the side. inside the lid, but is lighty stamped and double hit. from what i can make out is 580

Default rear seamed m1

hello everyone i have got this m1 . the helmet is swivel bail rear seam.
    the heat stamp is on the side. inside the lid, but is lighty stamped and double hit.
    from what i can make out is 580 or 1580.
    but on the front of the lid there is some faint words, i can make out the last 3 letters LYN so not shore of the rest, but could be brooklyn. and under that i think is numbers or J58 maybe.
    so im leaning towards post war lid, or very late war. the liner is carpac ww2 stamp and looks like to me someone may have tryed to liberate the insignias.
    but i think its the 4th infantry reg. and the front one i can not make out what it means.
    the soilders name and number is on the inside of the liner. alton george, us. 50200505. i would just like to ask if anyone might be able to give me a little bit more of a idea on this set. thankyou any help would be very appreciated. im thinking could be us navy. thankyou. and im not shore if its worth getting the rest of the parts for the liner. maybe juat a liner strap. thankyou for looking mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rear seamed m1   rear seamed m1  

rear seamed m1   rear seamed m1  

Default Re: rear seamed m1

its hard to make out the heat stamp sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rear seamed m1  

Nice double-stamped McCORD rear seam,not often seen but congrats to you Mark,keep hold of it.original paint and late war Brass buckle.nice condition liner too shame it has postwar repaint done but still a great set to own.well done indeed..............Jake.

thanks ruddersrangers44 for the nice comments. and the info. im starting to get a eye fot these m1s now. but still hard to find a UN messed with ww2 lid. but thanks.