Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

red helmet

Article about: i got this helmet from someones shed. it was 16 dollars so i thought if it wasnt real i wouldnt be losing much. it looked cool to me and i know that the navy used red helmet pots. it says RE

Default red helmet

i got this helmet from someones shed. it was 16 dollars so i thought if it wasnt real i wouldnt be losing much. it looked cool to me and i know that the navy used red helmet pots. it says REP 2. i cleaned it up so it is looking good. does anyone know what the writing means, if it is real, and what the user of this helmets job would be?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture red helmet   red helmet  

Default Re: red helmet

Have a look at Mannie Gentile's blog: Good humour and very informative!

Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: U.S. Navy M1 Repair Party Helmet

Cheers,
    Emile

It is likely for fire control on a Navy ship. It is obviously a "real" helmet.

- - Updated - -

It is likely for fire control on a Navy ship. It is obviously a "real" helmet.

what do you mean by real? i didnt know if it was period paint because it looks so nice

You asked if it was "real" in your last sentence. It is unclear if you were asking if the helmet was real or the writing was real. Either way they are both real.

ok, thank you