Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reproduction USMC cover?

Article about: by Gunakibomb I asked for more photos, hopefully more coming but I got these two. I really would love a Korean War helmet which is what I think this is, but I've heard to beware the pacman p

Default USMC cover?

Almost 100% sure this is a reproduction, seller has it listed as "world war 2 vintage". Just figured I'd post it here due to the "you never know" factor and that I havent learned much about the USMC covers other than theyre expensive, just seems waaaaay too cheap with very little time left and too good to be true. All help is appreciated Reproduction USMC cover?
    Last edited by Gunakibomb; 05-13-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Default Re: Reproduction USMC cover?

It stands a chance of being real. The photo doesn't do it justice... but I can make out the HBT weave pattern. I also see an eagle, globe and anchor ink stamp, which is indicative of covers used post WWII.

Additional photos of the fabric and stitches will help us determine if it's a WWII cover that saw use post 1945. Sometime between WWII and the Korean War, a lot of surplus helmet covers had ink stamps added to them...

There were also helmet covers made in this pattern post war. A manufacturers ink stamp on the tongues of the cover... Usually on the beach side... Is an obvious giveaway that a cover is postwar.

Mine is a wartime cover with EGA added post WWII:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...review-218741/

I asked for more photos, hopefully more coming but I got these two. I really would love a Korean War helmet which is what I think this is, but I've heard to beware the pacman pattern, which I see in a 2nd image, is that bad?

- - Updated - -

Reproduction USMC cover?Reproduction USMC cover?

I am far from an expert... but I am optimistic about this cover...

And there's the you never know factor...

?

looks like a good USMC cover to me could be a KW era version if it has the below printed on it ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reproduction USMC cover?  

I'm working on getting more info, seller isn't getting what I'm asking which explains why he's offering so low. First I asked for pictures of both sides and he sent more cover photos (looks good) and the actual helmet (which has odd blue paints marks which I can live with) but didnt even realize there were two sides. XD

If it's cheap enough and you are willing to live dangerously , this cover might be worth a gamble!

My exact thoughts. Either gonna be a home run or Lebron James flop! But I've been looking for ages for one of these so I'm crossing my fingers

?

Hey all,
    I picked up this set and just posted it on the forum. NickD just made me aware of this thread so I figured I'd pop in.

The cover is 100% authentic and is a 1953 Blue Anchor contract. That aside, it has the correct HBT weave pattern and correct chain stitching on the seam on the beach side.

Here's a link to the thread I started with more detailed photos:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...02/#post887030

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast