Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schlueter M1 Helmet

Article about: My brother just picked up this helmet. It's a front seam, swivel bale Schlueter pot with OD3 chinstraps. The liner is a Seaman Paper Company with khaki suspension. It has the original leathe

Default Schlueter M1 Helmet

My brother just picked up this helmet. It's a front seam, swivel bale Schlueter pot with OD3 chinstraps. The liner is a Seaman Paper Company with khaki suspension. It has the original leather chinstrap but it is cracked in half.

A few questions I have are, the liner is missing the nape strap, instead the sweatband is attached where the nape strap would go. I've seen this on a few other helmets online, did soldiers use to do this or did somebody put the sweatband on wrong? Also on the front of the liner are two flags with the number 27 drawn on, could this be original or drawn on post war? And finally the leather chinstrap is original but broken in half, would it hurt anything to glue it back together for aesthetic purposes? Thanks for any reply's and enjoy the pictures.

?

Default Re: Schlueter M1 Helmet

Yes, soldiers adapted their sweat bands in that manner. IMO - there is no problem gluing the leather chin strap back together, as long as it is done neatly and it is disclosed if the helmet is ever sold. No Idea what the chequred flags are about. Nice set though.

I've used '5 minute epoxy' for gluing leather and vinyl. Should work
    for you if you decide to fix. It's a nice clean lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice helmet, definitly a keeper.

I have also a helmet which has the sweatband attached where the nape strap would be.
    Greetings

Another great looker,the SPC liner is like new,congrats once again,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Another great looker,the SPC liner is like new,congrats once again,regards minnie.
    Thank you. I think one of the reasons this helmet sold for so low was because the seller didn't give hardly any info about it and didn't have very good pictures. Yes, it was a little bit of a gamble but it was definitely a nice surprise to find out the liner was a Seaman paper company and the pot was a Schlueter, a win win lol. Not to mention both were in pretty nice condition.