Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?

Article about: I found these straps on ebay that I want for my fixed bale m1 helmet. They are flat and don't have the raised bar. The helmet is on a different thread and it is fixed bale with a green A was

Default Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?

I found these straps on ebay that I want for my fixed bale m1 helmet. They are flat and don't have the raised bar. The helmet is on a different thread and it is fixed bale with a green A washers in the liner. Do they go together or should I wait for the raised at straps.
    I have pics below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?   Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?  

Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?   Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?  

Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?  

?

Default Re: Should I buy these M1 helmet straps?

chins straps were replaced from time to time so this type could have been used at some point on a fixed loop shell & would suite an M-1 that's been repainted numerous times throughout its use.

the helmet is on the thread called "helmet thinking of buying"!if you want to see the helmet i would be pairing these straps with

Hello patches,

I've been waiting on a schleuter later-war lid to go with a newly restored liner for ages. There is a guy on e-bay who sells stacks of shells really cheap but usually minus their chin-straps. I had been considering the above option myself but it looks difficult getting those straps stitched back together in a way that wouldn't be noticeable. Here's a link to the seller if you are interested and the shells usually go unsold.

eBay My World - sndengineer97

I think Nick may have even sent me the link to this guy regarding an un-issued Schleuter that he had for sale. I mailed him regarding the shipping costs but by the time he replied the listing had finished and the shell went unsold. I tried to buy it afterwards but unfortunately he didn't follow it up. Still kicking myself over that one! Let me know how you intend to stitch them?

Cheers,

Ian.

I will talk to him. I was going to get the straps with the fold on the end and the look as if it was stitched and attach the ends so it would look original. Thanks.

?

if the cut off straps still have the original thread from the bar tacking what you can do is use a small amount of cotton thread & stitch them together staying in the realms of the original stitching no need to use to much just enough to keep them in place just make sure the cotton you use is as close in colour to the original as you can so that i doesn't stand out & they should look pretty good when done.