Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti

Article about: Great thread guys I would love to see more ! Nick

Default Re: Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti

Great thread guys

I would love to see more !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

there are so many mitchels covers people have buy and write on thenselves recently. i see them on ebay alot. its easy to spot that fresh sharpie. not only is it decreasing the value, if you really did want to ruine your mitchels cover by writing on it, why would you want somones elses tags on it? to me these modern fakes are worth nothing. its nice to see some original stuff, cheers.

Quote by m1guy View Post
    there are so many mitchels covers people have buy and write on thenselves recently. i see them on ebay alot. its easy to spot that fresh sharpie. not only is it decreasing the value, if you really did want to ruine your mitchels cover by writing on it, why would you want somones elses tags on it? to me these modern fakes are worth nothing. its nice to see some original stuff, cheers.
    I agree, I've seen alot of faked graffiti lately. If I was to buy one, I'd most likely use it for a simulative 'combat' sort of thing, such as airsoft. I don't think I could use a real one for something like that

My most recent Vietnam M1, came in the mail yesterday
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti   Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti  

One of the few grafitti helmets I have...

Very cool M1, I'd love to find one that BTK written on it, an a original one that is.I like the use of the grenade pin too. What else is written on it?

?

nice helmet. this is exactly what i needed to see on the topic of the thread i tarted titled "M1 chinstrap length questions "

as you can see this m1 has chinstraps that are not long enough to be secured in the back.

did this helmet come with that metal gadget to secure the straps in the rear? info on this would be really helpful to my thread! thanks, great picks, nice mitchels cover!

what year is the lid?
    there seems to be some inconsistency's in nam era m1 chinstrap lengths. some will secure to the back some will not.

apon further inspection this gadget may be a pin , and could easily be accomplished with a nam era frag grande pin! ..not only is this a period correct solution , it is a great solution for this
    problem. let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by m1guy; 12-07-2011 at 12:53 PM.

can i just say its nice to see graffiti on some of the autumn vietnam covers you dont often see this covers used

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Very cool M1, I'd love to find one that BTK written on it, an a original one that is.I like the use of the grenade pin too. What else is written on it?

It has "Born to F you up" on the back and that's all.

Quote by m1guy View Post
    nice helmet. this is exactly what i needed to see on the topic of the thread i tarted titled "M1 chinstrap length questions "

as you can see this m1 has chinstraps that are not long enough to be secured in the back.

did this helmet come with that metal gadget to secure the straps in the rear? info on this would be really helpful to my thread! thanks, great picks, nice mitchels cover!

what year is the lid?
    there seems to be some inconsistency's in nam era m1 chinstrap lengths. some will secure to the back some will not.

apon further inspection this gadget may be a pin , and could easily be accomplished with a nam era frag grande pin! ..not only is this a period correct solution , it is a great solution for this
    problem. let me know what you guys think!
    I don't think the ring is for a grenade...almost looks like some kind of key ring to me. The helmet is a WWII Schlueter front seam with sand in the nam green paint. I had this helmet for years and the ring was always connected to the chinstrap. The cover is not original to this helmet though.

My uncle was a Canadian Vietnam vet and this is one of the many covers...among other things...that he gave me. The pack of TP was also given to me by him. Sadly he passed away a few years ago after a long battle with alcohol and a sudden stroke.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast