Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti

Article about: Great thread guys I would love to see more ! Nick

Default Re: Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti

A couple more...The ERDL cover is an early one but not sure if it's nam grafitti, the mitchell is dated 1970
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti   Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti  

Show off your Vietnam Helmet Graffiti  

?

* moderator peals delete this post it is a duplicate intended for the post below*
    Thank you

that is sad to hear, thanks for the feed back. it is awsome it came with WWII Schlueter those are uncommon and very desirable , my NAM lid came with a wwII McCord. you are lucky to have someone who has been there pass you down such a nice collection. thanks for sharing.

?

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    I don't think the ring is for a grenade...almost looks like some kind of key ring to me. The helmet is a WWII Schlueter front seam with sand in the nam green paint. I had this helmet for years and the ring was always connected to the chinstrap. The cover is not original to this helmet though.

My uncle was a Canadian Vietnam vet and this is one of the many covers...among other things...that he gave me. The pack of TP was also given to me by him. Sadly he passed away a few years ago after a long battle with alcohol and a sudden stroke.
    that is sad to hear, thanks for the feed back. it is awsome it came with WWII Schlueter those are uncommon and very desirable , my NAM lid came with a wwII McCord. i have read that many ww2 lids have been re issued durring the vietnam war. you are lucky to have someone who has been there pass you down such a nice collection. thanks for sharing.

?

oops

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    heres a cover i did have but i sold it a while ago now.
    my nam m1 has the same super thick green stiching, what is up with that? did they have access to sewing machines? they mest have, any ideas?

?

Some great lids...

Here' a couple of mine, nothing fancy.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Nice helmets Rene, love the flight helmet you've got

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Nice helmets Rene, love the flight helmet you've got
    Cheers Mate, I actually enjoy it more than my Kraut helmets! when I wear it I clatter my teeth to make the Huey sound (sounds good because of the ear phones)
    and hey I'm not crazy..... hey?????

Sounds like something I'd do if I ever got a flight helmet from that era, maybe while playing some period music also

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast