Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snow camo m1

Article about: Hi folks, Hope your all doing well over there. I recently bought this interesting piece of kit. Just want to hear some opinions about the helmet. It's a front seam with fixed bales. Notice t

Default Snow camo m1

Hi folks,

Hope your all doing well over there.
    I recently bought this interesting piece of kit. Just want to hear some opinions about the helmet. It's a front seam with fixed bales.

Notice the strange texture of the what appears to be chalk.. seems like it has been repainted green on top of that .. maybe after the winter? Just guessing here.. at some point in this helmets life someone decided to make a fire inside the shell.. thats why the chinstrap burned. The heatstamp is unreadable because of that too.

Definately a helmet with a story, but I would like to hear opinions

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Snow camo m1   Snow camo m1  

Snow camo m1   Snow camo m1  

Snow camo m1  
    Last edited by Bumbleshoes; 10-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.

After some research color wise it could also be part of the Italian campaign. An expert did have a look at it in real life.. only concern he had was that it has no/very little usage on top of the helmet.. further then that it definately looks legit in term of paint etc.. difficult helmet. Also very unlikely someone faked/reissued post war the helmet since the original burned straps are still present.

But again I hope to get more opinions because I want to just learn about history.. im definately not looking for "selling a camo helmet" .. I've never sold anything just love the history

Cheers
    Last edited by Bumbleshoes; 10-13-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Wow no comments at all? Is that good or bad ...

I took the time to rotate your pictures, I think that will help us get a better look at the helmet.
    Marty

- - ------- - -

Do you have a picture of the inside of the helmet and of the bales/chinstrap?
    Attached Images Attached Images Snow camo m1  Snow camo m1  Snow camo m1  Snow camo m1 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I do like the looks of the helmet and the wear does not look contrived. From the pictures you have I do believe it to be a genuine camo but I would like to see better close ups of the paint.
    Do you have any information about the helmet such as yard sale find,antique store,etc.
    Marty

Default Close ups

Hey,

Yes im sorry about the pictures I dont know why it rotates the pictures on my phone.. thanks for the information so far.

The helmet comes from an old guy who had a massive obsessive collection.. he past away and now 2 friends are selling his collection for his wife and son. No further info about the helmet known.. unfortunately. Great collection packed in over 100 banana boxes.. ww1,ww2 stuff.. insane collection of genuine pieces.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Snow camo m1   Snow camo m1  

Default Inside

Inside of the shell and straps.

Thanks for the research and info hopefully will get a better understanding of the helmet.

Appriciate the help

Cheers

Any thoughts? Haha I’m sorry.. lack of patience I guess. Cheers

I totally understand how you feel. I will take a better look at it tonight after I get home from church it may be in the morning before I respond or late tonight.

I will say, this is a helmet I would like to have in my hands to examine closer. Not saying anything is wrong with it but a helmet like that is good to have a hands on inspection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast