Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Some information on an M1 Helmet

Article about: So, this is not my usual avenue, but can anyone tell me more than I already know? Perhaps I've missed something..... This is, I believe a late 1943 helmet complete with high pressure liner m

Default Some information on an M1 Helmet

So, this is not my usual avenue, but can anyone tell me more than I already know? Perhaps I've missed something.....

This is, I believe a late 1943 helmet complete with high pressure liner manufactured by The seaman paper company. In 1943 the fixed bale was replaced in favour of the swivel bale, Up until late 1943 the rim of the helmet was stainless steel with its join at the front. You can clearly see the front seam and the S letter on the liner. It has the letter ā€œSā€ stencilled in black to the front. And seeing as this is not my cup of tea, I will bow to greater knowledge........ The liner has blue paint traces all over....Navy?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some information on an M1 Helmet   Some information on an M1 Helmet  

Some information on an M1 Helmet   Some information on an M1 Helmet  

Looks like a decent mid- to late war lid to me, I don't see any obvious red flags. The Shell is made by McCord. I don't know about the stencilled S or blue paint, a lot can happen to a helmet in 70+ years...

A really nice set John.Navy?who knows but still good either way,with a not so seen Seaman Liner.!

Thanks fellas 🤔 not something I'm into, but nice all the same.......t hanks 😍